Sunday, February 06, 2005

Hooray! Libby came in for dinner on her own!

The easiest way to catch two hooved critters that are out eating is to offer them dinner.... right? So this evening, Mom fed both of them in their feeders, and ten minutes later, both came happily in for the night to be put up. Libby wasn't hungry, which is fine. She can leave her hay til morning if she wants, no one else can get to it. Both of them got an apple as a reward for coming in quietly and nicely. I hope this will be a sign of things to come, because it'd be nice to have them out every weekend.

She really enjoyed her day out, and even though Drifter largely ignored her and didn't do any playing of his own, she took every chance to kick up her heels, run, buck, twist, and just have a good time.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but yesterday she also had a great time checking me out as I filled the goat mineral feeders- and stood for rubs and scratches again.

No comments: